Girl Talk is a mutually beneficial community in which women and girls come together in safe environments to share hope, grace, support, love, and experiences. As a result of being involved in Girl Talk, young women will connect to their purpose for a fulfilling life in whatever field they choose. Teen pregnancy rates will drop in our community as we prepare girls to make healthy choices. Girl Talk will increase the likelihood of educational advancement to prepare girls for their future. Participants will be strong, confident, educated women who are ready to change the world.
Our Core Beliefs
- We believe that in our society, girls often feel alone, unworthy, and disadvantaged; but we believe their future can be good.
- We believe that a young woman’s worth should not be defined by her circumstance but by her identity in Jesus Christ.
- We believe that girls have the potential to make a difference when their God-given purpose is developed.
- We believe that teenage pregnancy can create challenges in reaching her full potential.
- We believe that Girl Talk has the responsibility to equip girls with the tools they need to live their best life possible.
Program Outcome Goals
1. To reduce the number of girls who are getting pregnant at an early age
2. To Increase the Likelihood of:
– Educational Advancement to the next grade level
– Graduation from high school
– Enrollment in post-secondary education and/or training
3. To Increase the likelihood of girls becoming career professionals as adults